Breakfast Club at Henwick
Breakfast club runs in the dining hall from 7.30am to 8.45am, with breakfast being served until 8.15am. Following this children are then taken (subject to age and need) to their classes (or walked to St Thomas More by Henwick staff) in time for the start of the school day.
Breakfast consists of a variety of cereals, toast with condiments, bagels, fruit, porridge, and fruit juice. On occasions, they are also able offer some hot items, including eggs served in a variety of ways, sausages, beans etc. Tea is also offered.
As Henwick is a Gold Award winning Healthy School, children are encouraged to make healthy choices for breakfast and as such we do not offer sugary cereals to them. We also encourage them to try something new on occasions; however no child would ever start their day hungry.
In addition to being served a delicious breakfast, children are also given the opportunity to read, complete any homework, draw or play with a variety of toys and games. The cost of breakfast club is £3.50 per child per session including breakfast.
Parents and carers of children at Henwick School can pay via the SIMS Pay system https://www.sims-pay.co.uk, please contact the school office if you need any assistance with this.
From September 2020 After-school club at Henwick will be run by the Alpha club who offer a high standard of care for children aged from 3 to 11 years. The Afterschool club runs from 3.15 pm to 6.30pm.
Please see below for more information from the Alpha Club
We aim to provide top quality, professional and affordable childcare in our purpose designed facility with first class resources and highly qualified and experienced staff. Our staff will continually update their qualification to keep up to date with current changes in the education and welfare system and to comply with Government legislation.
DBS checks are carried out on all members of Alpha team and they will not be left alone with children without supervision until a clear DBS is verified by the admin team.
Aims and Objectives
We aim to:
- Provide a combination of recreation time and enrichment activities designed to promote learning.
- Providing extra activities - sports, arts, crafts, music, drama, cooking, ... really, the only limits are the imagination (taking safety and budget into account) of the staff and the enthusiasm of the children
- Help to fill the gap between the end of school and the end of many parents' work day
- The setting aims to be enjoyable and stimulating for children and young people, to give parents peace of mind and reliability
- Give children a chance to extend themselves, and to widen their social circle
- The range of activities offered will give your children the chance to build different skills.
Structure of the club
Quiet Area (Carpeted and Cushioned)
- Books, Home Work Section, Tape Recorder
- Puzzles, Number Games, Small Construction Kits, Experiments, Writing, musical instruments, Boards Games
Large Physical Activity Area
- Large Blocks (carpeted surface), Snooker, Tennis, and Football Table, Giant Snacks & Ladders, Hi Tower Game, Giant Ludo, Mega 4 in a Line connection game, Karaoke Player, Dance Mats.
Messy Area (equipped with Aprons)
- Natural material to explore such as water, clay, earth etc. Play dough
- Climbing Frames, Basketball, Hoops, Skipping Ropes, football, and other outdoor activities.
If arrears of fees occur for a month and reasonable reminders have been made, then we reserve the right to offer the place to another child.
Times of Opening
- Term Times
Afterschool Club from Monday – Friday, 3.15pm – 6.30pm
To book a place please go to: https://alphachildcare.kidsclubhq.co.uk/cust#/auth
- On arrival from school, the children are offered a light hot meal pasta, spaghetti Bolognese, Pizza to mention but a few (menu list will be displayed on parent’s notice board). Drinks of water are served with every meal. Children with special dietary requirements on health or religious grounds will be catered for.
We pride ourselves in being very flexible, if you don’t ask, you won’t know if we can assist you.
A non-refundable registration fee of £ 30.00 per child is required
- Fees are paid when sessions are booked
For more information about Alpha please contact:
Phone number : 020 8469 1888
Website : www.alphachildcare.com