Our vision is to provide the best possible education for all our children in an environment where they feel safe, valued and confident. We strive to accommodate all learners and learning styles and to develop our pupil’s understanding of themselves as learners.
We want our children to know and understand what motivates them, what turns them off, what empowers them and how to make the best of all that life has to offer them.
We are an inclusive school and we expect the whole school community to take part in celebrating our differences and diversity. We are proud of the rich heritage our families bring to our school community. We celebrate the many languages spoken and the different faiths and beliefs that come together here in our school.
The languages spoken by staff in our school are:
- Cantonese (understood but not spoken)
- Japanese (basic)
- Shona and Ndebele (local languages in Zimbabwe)
Our teachers all share an equal passion for learning and enjoy adapting their methods and pedagogy in order to provide our children with rich and relevant learning opportunities that help them acquire life skills such as literacy, oracy and numeracy and develop lively, imaginative and enquiring minds.
Every day, each one of us makes choices and decisions that directly affect the way we experience each other and the way others experience us. Our values define who we are; they guide our actions and behaviour.
Positive values are passed on to us as children, therefore teaching behaviours we value is integral to providing a well-rounded and solid education for our pupils. As well as exploring values stemming from the traditional British values of democracy, the rule of law and individual liberty, at Henwick, we all show that we value...
- Honesty, by telling the truth and being true to our word
- Kindness, by showing consideration to others
- Respect, by valuing the diversity, rights and property of others
- Diversity, by appreciating and celebrating the culturally diverse society that we live in
- Hard Work & Personal Best, by striving to achieve our best and valuing the achievements of others
- Friendship, by making sure everyone has a friend
- Resilience, by persevering when things get tough